Citation:FIG Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) Process 2011
LAUSANNE (SUI), FIG Office, January 14, 2011: Based on the new International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE), approved by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and effective January 1, 2011, the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) has adopted the new 2011 TUE Process, also effective starting January 1, 2011.
What is a TUE?
WADA established the TUE application as part of their comprehensive anti-doping strategy to allow in specific situations athletes, who are required to take an otherwise prohibited substance for a valid and legitimate medical purpose, to train for and to participate in competitions.
What is the FIG 2011 TUE Process about?
The FIG 2011 TUE Process sets the conditions needed to apply for a FIG TUE, and explains the application process in detail.
What are the required conditions for a TUE application?
The required conditions for TUE applications are listed in the document “FIG 2011 TUE Process”.
Gymnasts are requested to submit their applications to FIG through the Anti-Doping Administration & Management System (ADAMS) only and no later than 30 days before the substance is needed. The request must be in English or French and must contain a complete medical file, also translated. Incomplete files cannot be considered.
What are the major changes in 2011?
• As of January 1, 2011, Declarations of Use (DoU) no longer exist.
• Beta-blockers are no longer prohibited in gymnastics.
• Salbutamol and Salmeterol taken by inhalation are no longer on the list of prohibited substances. For any other beta-2 agonist, a TUE is requested.
Can a retroactive or emergency TUE be granted?
Yes, in exceptional cases. Prerequisites are also listed in the “FIG 2011 TUE Process” document.
Where can I get more information?
• FIG TUE website
• 2011 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods
Also available as smartphone application
• 2011 Prohibited List - Summary of Major Modifications
• International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE)
• FIG 2011 TUE Process
• FIG Informational Letter on the 2011 TUE Process (January 7, 2011)
Should you require further or complementary information, please consult the Anti-Doping Section of the FIG website or direct your queries by email to lzumbrunnen(_at_)fig-gymnastics.org.
Source : http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/vsite/vcontent/co...news-item,00.html