Citation:Viktoria Komova: "No matter how severe the injury, I will recover"
25 | 01 | 2013 13:57
Russian gymnast Viktoria Komova talks her health, remembers meeting President of Russia and demonstrates character strength in interview for
-Viktoria, how did you spend your time after Olympics? Did you manage to rest?
-Yes. I spent some time home with parents, recovering. I got better both morally and physically, because I felt absolutely drained after Olympics.
I worked in gym for 10 years more or less for these Games. So when I got a chance to rest for the whole month, I used it fully.
- Have you felt increased attention to yourself after the Olympics?
Of course. To be honest, that much attention bothered me. It was still very nice to meet the President. I thought of this visit as a reward for my work.
- Did Olympics change you?
-Yes. I started to take a lot of things easier, including gymnastics. Before that, when I was starting bars for example it was hard to do some excersises.
Now it's much easier to overcome myself.
- How do you feel now?
- I have big problems with my back. It's not clear what caused the injury at this moment. Maybe because of workload, maybe because I grow and body doesn't have time to recover. A week a go I felt back pains during training. I started to panic, because I couldn't do anything. We immediately stopped training and started light
treatment, but it didn't help. I will get exact diagnosis after the examination that I will undergo in the next days.
- Does it mean no Russian and European championships?
- I think no
- But you still come to the gym?
- Yes, three times a day. Only working out.
- Do you afraid that injury may be too severe?
- Whatever happened, I will recover anyway. Aliya Mustafina also had a severe injury not that long ago, but she recovered. Am I weaker than her?
- What is the mood in the team?
-Very good. I'm friends with many girls. We often spend time together: talk, see movies together.
- What do you do at Round Lake besides training?
- Listen to music, watch TV, message with friends on social networks at the evening. Still it's mostly boring here. But there are excellent training conditions.
I can call it heaven compared to my home gym.
- For how long would current training continue?
- From January 5th till 25th. Then we are going home for a week and return to Round Lake to prepare for Russian championship